With over 16 years of recruiting in the transport, shipping and freight forwarding industry we know the industry extremely well. We are in contact daily with hiring managers and candidates in transport operations, all aspects of warehousing, freight administration, customer services, invoicing and operations management.
We know what skills our clients need when they look for an employee to fill a role in their company, and the attitudes that today’s lean and fast moving industry players value. We also offer advice, direction and opportunities for a career from information gained from our network of contacts.
We have the contacts, knowledge and results to find the right people, first time for any Management or Operational role within the Logistics sector.
We are a proven supplier of permanent, contract and temporary staff to the industry and can supply one off or larger scale for most situations. We follow Best Practice Recruitment Methodologies and have the facilities to credit and drug test.
These are the values that we live by. They mean something to us and guide us in our relationships with others:
- Being professional, showing integrity, and being honest
- We believe that building trust is crucial in our role of intermediary between our clients and candidates. Professionalism, integrity and honesty are key components of trust building and we encourage our people to maintain their professionalism, even when events are conspiring against them, show integrity in their dealings with all parties, and to be honest to the fullest extent possible in this industry where not everything is shareable.
- Doing the right thing
- This value underpins our belief that we need to act in a manner which rewards the building of long term relationships rather than focusing on short term gain. Sometimes the right thing has no inherent or immediate benefit to Alpha. Sometimes it actually costs us in the short term, but the fact that we have built and maintained long term relationships with very large clients, have candidates return to us time after time, or temps that really love working for Alpha, shows how well we do this.
- Embracing innovation
- Our investment in our own CRM configuration started Alpha on the path of continuous application development and we have been able to remain close to or ahead of market leaders in online technology including a comprehensive online client portal. Our willingness and ability to design new processes and tools has enabled us to offer flexible and innovative solutions to both clients and candidates and our business has grown as a result.
- Having a high level of personal interaction
- We know that self service technology and Artificial Intelligence are entering our industry at pace and we continue to evolve our own online capability to take advantage of these tools however wherever possible the preference is to meet with clients to pick up a job brief, talk directly to our candidates and clients rather than only communicating through email or text, and respond to a person rather than a company.
- Working collaboratively
- We encourage the sharing of information, candidates and even contract resources between our various divisions. While individuals are rewarded for great performance we know that it is the work of the team that enables all of us to shine.
We work in partnership with some of New Zealand's most well known companies and organisations. Our experience and proven ability to supply enables us to work across a variety of sectors and roles.
Our clients include:
- Mix Limited Cosmetic
- Turners & Growers