With over 16 years of recruiting in the transport, shipping and freight forwarding industry we know the industry extremely well. We are in contact daily with hiring managers and candidates in transport operations, all aspects of warehousing, freight administration, customer services, invoicing and operations management.
We know what skills our clients need when they look for an employee to fill a role in their company, and the attitudes that today’s lean and fast moving industry players value. We also offer advice, direction and opportunities for a career from information gained from our network of contacts.
We have the contacts, knowledge and results to find the right people, first time for any Management or Operational role within the Logistics sector.
We are a proven supplier of permanent, contract and temporary staff to the industry and can supply one off or larger scale for most situations. We follow Best Practice Recruitment Methodologies and have the facilities to credit and drug test.
These are the values that we live by. They mean something to us and guide us in our relationships with others:
- Being professional, showing integrity, and being honest in our dealings with each other, our clients, and our candidates.
- We believe that, in an industry where we are the intermediary between our clients and candidates, we have to build trust. Professionalism, integrity and honesty are critical components of trust building.
- Doing the right thing.
- This value underpins our belief that we need to act in a manner which rewards the building of long term relationships rather than focusing on short term gain. Sometimes the right thing has no inherent or immediate benefit to Alpha. Sometimes it actually costs us in the short term, but the fact that we have built and maintained long term relationships with very large clients, or have candidates return to us time after time, or temps that really love working for Alpha shows how well we do this.
- Being flexible.
- We listen to what our clients and candidates want and always try to work out a way to provide this. Sometimes the answer is just to make a minor adjustment to a form or online process. Sometimes it is the purchase or launch of a major division bringing new business and clients to Alpha, such as Project Plus and Alpha CMS.
- Embracing innovation and technology.
- Our investment in our own CRM configuration started Alpha on the path of continuous application development and we have been able to remain close to market leaders in online technology including a comprehensive online client portal.
- Having a high level of personal interaction.
- We prefer to meet to pick up a job brief, talk directly to candidates and clients rather than only communicating through email, and respond to a person rather than a company.
- Working collaboratively internally and externally.
- We encourage the sharing of information, candidates and even contract resources between our various divisions. While individuals are rewarded for great performance we know that it the work of the team that enables all of us to shine.
We work in partnership with some of New Zealand's most well known companies and organisations. Our experience and proven ability to supply enables us to work across a variety of sectors and roles.
Our clients include:
- Mix Limited Cosmetic
- Turners & Growers